Based in San Diego, ICW Group Insurance Companies is the largest group of privately held insurance companies domiciled in California. Quoting more than $3 billion annually, ICW Group represents a group of Property, Auto and Workers’ Compensation insurance carriers, including Insurance Company of the West and Explorer Insurance Company.
ICW Group is recognized nationally as an industry leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims, and is committed to meeting the needs of its policyholders and elevating the trusted agents and brokers who advise them. The company offers its insurance products through an independent network of experienced and professional agents and brokers.
Company overview at a glance
- AM Best Rating “A” (Excellent), Financial Size Category of XII
- Direct written and assumed premium of $1 billion+ in 2018
- Admitted in 50 states and DC
- Providing commercial and personal coverage to over 300,000 customers
- Products distributed through a network of more than 3,000 independent agencies
- Incorporated in 1972
- Headquartered in San Diego, California, with regional offices located throughout the United States
- More than 700 employees