Details and statements contained in this Legal Notice & Statement of Privacy Practices, or contained on any ICW Group website, are provided solely for informational purposes and are not intended to be a solicitation or an offer to sell any insurance product or service. The information provided is not a complete description of such products or services. All insurance coverages are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions of the actual policy issued.
Please contact an independent insurance agent or broker who represents Insurance Company of the West, ICW National Insurance Company, ICW Premier Insurance Company, ICW Casualty Insurance Company, VerTerra Insurance Company, and/or any of their affiliated entities (collectively “ICW Group”) to discuss specific coverage details and your insurance needs. Not all policies or insurance coverages are available in every state.
Website Use and Off-site URL linking
Any links or URL addresses to other web sites not controlled by ICW Group are provided as a convenience only; ICW Group does not author, monitor or control these independent sites. Therefore, we do not approve, endorse or certify any information or content of those sites or of their advertisers. ICW Group is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any external web site.
The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the website are owned by ICW Group and may not be used without permission.
STATEMENT OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
At ICW Group, we value you as a customer. We take your personal privacy seriously and respect your right to know how we use your information, which may include:
- We use your information for our everyday business purposes, such as to process insurance transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus.
- We may use your information to tell you about ICW Group products or services, which may include products or services we jointly market with other financial companies.
- We may use your information as permitted by law.
- Anyone who sees your nonpublic information must keep it private.
- We do not share your medical information except to provide insurance services or as allowed by law.
Information we collect
In providing our products to you, we collect information about you. We may share this data for business and legal reasons. Here are some examples of the types of personal information we may collect:
- Your name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Social security or other government-issued identification number
- Credit card or banking information
- Financial information and other information needed for applications for insurance
- Information related to insurance claims, injuries, and losses
- Other personal information
How we collect your information
To provide our products and services to you, we collect your personal information from you, both directly and indirectly, as well as from some Third Parties. For example:
- Most of the data we collect about you comes from you, your application, your agent or broker, and your representatives assisting you with insurance-related matters.
- We get data from your transactions with us. For example, the insurance you purchase, your account balances and your payment history, claims and losses.
- We also get data from consumer reports, insurance support organizations, credit bureaus, healthcare providers, and claims adjusters and examiners. This may include claim history reports, motor vehicle reports or credit reports.
Information we share
ICW Group only shares your personal information as allowed by law. We may share your information with:
- Insurance agents or brokers
- Brokers, agents or other insurers to respond to your application for insurance
- Reinsurance companies
- Claims administrators, adjusters and examiners
- Insurance regulators or law enforcement officials
- Lienholders, assignees, lessors, or other persons having a beneficial or legal interest in an insurance policy or policy proceeds
- Others to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations
- Others to investigate or prevent fraud
- Others to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our systems, services, databases and other assets
- Companies that provide motor vehicle reports, credit reports or claims history
- Auto repair shops, medical providers, building contractors or others providing services covered by your insurance policy
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties who require such information to support our business
ICW Group reserves the right to share your nonpublic personal and financial information with its affiliates for marketing purposes without getting your prior written consent where permitted by law.
Practices to protect confidentiality and security
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your information. We only share your information with employees and third parties who need to see it. Their use of your information is limited by law and written agreements, where appropriate.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website. Your transmission of information is at your own risk.
How to submit requests concerning your personally identifiable data
If you are an individual and you would like to know what personally identifiable information ICW Group records have that is personal to you as an individual, you may submit your request by calling (866) 442-9477 or by submitting your request online at https://www.icwgroup.com/consumerprivacy/.
If you are a policyholder, you may send a written request to your agent or broker asking for copies or your records or information concerning your insurance policy or account.
Your request must describe the records you are seeking. If we can reasonably locate and retrieve the requested records, your personal information will be provided in accordance with applicable laws. We may not be able to provide information if it is privileged or relates to investigations, claims, litigation, or similar or related matters. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs in providing this record.
Responses to requests for information will normally be completed within 30-45 days of the request, but may take longer depending on the nature and scope of the request. If we are unable to locate or provide the records you have requested, we will notify you in writing. You have the right to file a statement if you disagree to explain the reasons why you disagree with our determination.
How to correct personally identifiable information or request changes in how ICW Group uses your data
If you are an individual and you believe that ICW Group records contain incorrect information that is personal to you as an individual, or if you want to limit how ICW Group uses or shares your personally identifiable information, you may request corrections or changes by calling (866) 442-9477 or by submitting your request online at https://www.icwgroup.com/consumerprivacy/.
If you are a policyholder and have established an online account with ICW Group, you may be able to change or correct information by signing into your account. After signing in you can access your personal profile through “My Profile,” and select “Edit.” You can then edit the fields as necessary. You may also send correction requests to your agent or broker. Requests for corrections or changes in how we use your information may also be submitted by email to dataprivacy@ICWgroup.com or by contacting your agent or broker.
ICW Group will normally respond to you within 30-45 days of receiving your request. If your request cannot be granted, we will send you a notice explaining why the request will not be completed. You have the right to file a statement telling us what you think is correct and the reasons why you disagree with our determination.
ICW Group may use common tracking technologies like browser cookies or analytical tools to enhance your overall customer experience. We may also collect non-personally identifiable demographic information (such as city/state location) about the visitors to our site. Beyond aggregate information regarding number of site visits, we do not track visitors to our sites. We do not have the necessary technology to respond to Web browser “do not track” signals or other, comparable mechanisms.
Cookies & web beacons
To enhance your experience with our sites, many of our web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” or clear gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use web beacons on this site from time to time for this and other purposes.
Collection of information by third-party sites
Some of our sites contain links to other sites owned or operated by third parties whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites’ privacy notices carefully as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties. As a result, we are not responsible for these third-party sites.
Visiting our service from outside the United States
The website is controlled and operated from the United States and is not intended to subject ICW Group to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than the United States. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have offices or in which our third-party service providers reside.
IF YOU ARE VISITING OUR SERVICE FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO, STORED, AND PROCESSED IN THE UNITED STATES WHERE OUR SERVERS ARE LOCATED AND OUR CENTRAL DATABASE IS OPERATED. BY USING OUR SERVICES, YOU UNDERSTAND AND CONSENT THAT YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE TRANSFERRED TO OUR FACILITIES AND THOSE THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE IT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS NOTICE.
ICW Group’s products and services are not directed at, nor are they intended for use by, anyone under the age of sixteen (16). We do not knowingly collect or use information from children under sixteen (16). Please contact us if you believe we have collected personal information about a child without consent from their parent or guardian so we can take action to prevent such access and to delete their personal information from our products and services.
Changes to Statement of Privacy Practices
- This statement was last updated in December, 2022.
- We may update our privacy practices from time to time. Future updates will be posted on ICWgroup.com.
- You may also request a copy by contacting your underwriter or by email to dataprivacy@ICWgroup.com.
Contact us: For questions or comments about ICW Group privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (866) 442-9477.