Carrier Suspends Reporting Requirements, Cancellations and Non-renewals for Customers Located in and Around Disaster Areas
SAN DIEGO, Oct. 7, 2018 — Insurance Company of the West, a member of ICW Group Insurance Companies, announced today it is implementing safeguards for policyholders impacted by the direct effects of Hurricane Michael in Florida and Georgia — ensuring the continuation in coverage during the recovery process. The damage impacts Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Hamilton, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Madison, Suwanee, Taylor, Wakulla, and Washington counties of Florida, and the southwest counties in Georgia.
“Our hearts go out to Georgia and Florida Panhandle residents still reeling from the magnitude of destruction left in the wake of Hurricane Michael,” said Kevin Prior, president and CEO of ICW Group. “We stand ready to help our customers and Team Members every step of the way through this very difficult time.”
ICW Group has enacted the following directives in accordance with the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Emergency Order Case No: 234790-18-EO, issued by Commissioner David Altmaier, and the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner Directive 18-EX-4 issued by Commissioner Ralph T. Hudgens:
- Moratorium on cancellations and non-renewals for any notice issued on or after October 7, 2018, on any in-force policy issued to affected policyholders. Additionally, no new notices will be issued to affected policyholders through January 7, 2019 for Florida, and November 30, 2018 for Georgia, or later if deemed reasonable.
- Extensions will be granted to affected policyholders on any and all policy provisions or other requirements that impose a time limit. Extensions of not less than the time allotment specified for each state will be granted for submission of a claim, proof of loss, repairs of property, reporting information, and submission of bills or payments, from the last date allowed or required by the policy. Additional extensions will be granted as deemed reasonable.
- Moratorium on cancellations or non-renewals respecting affected property due to “increase in the risk originally accepted” or due to the geographic location of the property.
- Availability of the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation: Please be advised that the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation is available to all needing assistance. Call the Office at 850.413.3140 to attain Hurricane Michael Resources, learn about Claims or to file a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue.
- Availability of the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner: Please be advised that the Georgia Office of Insurance and Safety Fire Commissioner is available to all needing assistance. Call the Office’s toll-free hotline 800.656.2298, or go online at https://www.oci.ga.gov to find information, Catastrophe Claims Village locations or to file a complaint regarding any disaster-related dispute or issue.
ICW Group encourages all of its policyholders to take advantage of its new free service, HR OnDemand, to get helpful guidance and qualified answers involving employee safety, workplace and wage issues during a natural disaster. The company will send an email to its Florida and Georgia agents, brokers and policyholders outlining the above safeguards. For timely announcements, follow ICW Group on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/icw-group and on Twitter via @ICWGroup.
About ICW Group
Based in San Diego, ICW Group Insurance Companies is the largest privately held insurance company domiciled in California. Quoting more than $3 billion annually, ICW Group represents a group of Workers’ Compensation, Property and Auto insurance carriers, including Insurance Company of the West and Explorer Insurance Company. ICW Group is recognized nationally as an industry leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims while elevating the trusted agents who advise them. For more information, visit ICW Group’s Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook pages.