Report and Manage Claims

What to do when an incident occurs


1Get medical treatment if necessary

If your employee’s need for treatment appears urgent — for example, bleeding profusely, unconscious or may be having a heart attack — get them to the nearest emergency room or call 911.


2Complete your state’s claim form(s)

Each state has its own claim forms, which must be completed to report a claim. To get your state’s claim forms,


3Submit applicable forms

Select one of these convenient ways to submit your forms. If you have questions feel free to call us 877.4.ICW.NOW (877.442.9669).




First Notice of Loss
PO Box 509039
San Diego, CA 92150


4Fulfill OSHA requirements

OSHA requirements vary by state. For more information on whether employers in your state are required to report incidents to OSHA, see the State Plan Adoption of OSHA’s Revised Reporting Requirements.

What to do after you’ve reported a claim

Help your injured workers

We understand navigating the claims process can be challenging. ICW Group provides you several tools to make this easier.
Learn more about helping your injured workers ›
Send your workers On the Road to Recovery ECards ›

Maintain contact with your ICW Group examiner

Communication is the best way to manage claims. Contact your Claims Examiner if:

  • An injured worker’s job status changes.
  • The availability of modified work changes.
  • The injured worker is terminated.
  • The injured worker’s rate of pay has changed.
  • You believe they’re working elsewhere or are involved in recreational activities.
  • You suspect fraud.

Claims materials and forms

4 Ways to File a Claim
Download PDF
First Report to Return to Work
Download PDF
Prescription Authorization
Download PDF
Specialized Claims Triage Team
Download PDF
Accident Investigation
Download PDF
To request claims and other materials, see the Request Materials Form.