Based in San Diego, ICW Group Insurance Companies is the largest group of privately held insurance companies domiciled in California. Quoting more than $3 billion annually, ICW Group represents a group of Property, Auto and Workers’ Compensation insurance carriers, including Insurance Company of the West and Explorer Insurance Company.
ICW Group is recognized nationally as an industry leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims, and is committed to meeting the needs of its policyholders and elevating the trusted agents and brokers who advise them. The company offers its insurance products through an independent network of experienced and professional agents and brokers.
Company overview at a glance
- A.M. Best Rating A- (Excellent), Financial Size Category of XI
- Direct written premiums of $789.4 million for 2014, up 18.3% from 2013
- Admitted in 50 states and DC
- Servicing both commercial and personal insurance to more than 300,000 policyholders
- Products distributed through a network of more than 2,500 independent Agencies
- Incorporated in 1972
- Headquartered in San Diego, California, with regional offices located throughout the United States
- More than 700 employees
Review our company information at A.M. Best’s Rating Center.