Based in San Diego, ICW Group Insurance Companies is the largest privately held insurance company domiciled in California. Quoting over $3 billion annually, ICW Group represents a group of Property, Auto and Workers’ Compensation insurance carriers, including Insurance Company of the West and Explorer Insurance Company.
ICW Group is recognized nationally as an industry leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims. We offer our insurance products through an independent network of experienced and professional agents and brokers. ICW Group is committed to meeting the needs of its policyholders and elevating the trusted agents and brokers who advise them.
Company overview at a glance
- AM Best Rating A- (Excellent); Financial Size Category of X ($500 million to $750 million)
- Direct written premiums of $658 million for 2013
- Admitted in 50 states and DC
- Servicing both commercial and personal insurance to over 300,000 policyholders
- Products distributed through a network of over 2,500 independent Agencies
- Incorporated in 1972
- Headquartered in San Diego, California, with regional offices located throughout the United States
- Over 600 employees
Review our company information at AM Best’s Rating Center.