Heat Illness Prevention
Working in extreme heat or hot environments can be dangerous. Exposure may result in injuries, disease, reduced productivity and death. Luckily, most heat-related illnesses, whether indoor or outdoor, are preventable. Make heat safety part of your overall safety program. Use our complimentary resources below to keep employees safe.
Webinars to help you beat the heat
Heat illness is deadly. In fact, each year thousands of workers succumb to heat exposure. Now that it is starting to heat up, safety is essential for your outdoor workers! The good news is heat illnesses and related deaths are preventable.
- 10 steps to prevent heat illness.
- How to increase employee awareness.
- Easy, actionable safety tips.
- Regulations that impact your operations.
When it comes to heat, indoor workers can face the same hazards as outdoor workers. Summer temperatures are exacerbated by inadequate ventilation and equipment generating heat. Customers in such industries as machine shops, foundries, packing houses, etc., who have workplaces reaching above 80° will find this webinar beneficial.
- 10 easy steps to reduce heat illness risk.
- Key training elements for supervisors and employees.
- Implementing a heat illness prevention program in your workplace.
Heat illness prevention materials
Centers of Disease Control and Prevention
- Keeping Workers Safe in the Heat English
- Protecting Workers from the Effects of Heat English
- OSHA Heat Illness Prevention Quick Card English | Spanish | Vietnamese